11/6/2012 6:36:00 AM
It's been a contentious campaign, with plenty of mud-slinging. Facebook added a whole new element of debate (to put it politely) between 'friends'. Finally, the day is here. In case you're not one of the 4 1/2 million who voted early, again here are some links and details to take some stress out of the process.
1. You definitely want to pre-read the ballot and the 11 amendments. You can download the sample ballots at the following links:
Voting information and sample ballots in Miami-Dade County.
Voting information in Broward County.
Voting information for Palm Beach County.
2. You need to have current, valid identification with your name, photograph and signature to be allowed to vote. Acceptable forms of identification include:
Florida Driver's License
Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
United States Passport
Debit or credit card
Retirement center identification
Public assistance identification
Neighborhood Association identification
3. Give yourself plenty of time. Lines this morning are long. Parking is tight.
4. Reward yourself when you finish. A number of restaurants are offering special freebies (some with purchase, some without) for voters who come in wearing their 'I Voted' stickers. Here's a rundown
5. Tell us about your experience. How long were the lines, how long did it take, etc. You can post on our Facebook page,
or tweet #myvotingexperience or @litemiami.